Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Starting Line

I've PR-ed plenty of times. Run enough races, and one is going to be the fastest one. But I never though the letters 'P' and 'R' would mean much more to me. I never though starting a business would be something I would do either. But the two, together? Now that's something!

A few months ago, my friend Marie and I were joking about starting our own personal training business. This was not a new conversation, ever since we both have been personal trainers we've wished we could start our own gym, building a studio that reflected our own personal values in running, balanced fitness, and healthy living.

Well, what started out as a joke began to form as an idea in my head. Could we really do this? What would it be like? How would this work? This idea began to take shape, and is currently taking shape, as PR Fitness, a personal training and fitness studio for endurance athletes.

As we build this business, we want to share our journey with you. As we have learned, turning your passion into a reality is much harder work that we first thought. However, there's no greater sense of accomplishment than seeing something that you created from the ground up (although running a PR is pretty close).

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck to you and Marie. You never can tell where your vision and hard work will lead. Continue forever the persuit of your passions. Momee'

    ReplyDelete