Sunday, July 25, 2010

Runners or Muscle-Women?

The other day I saw a few teenagers taking pictures in Gallup Park. I thought, "how cute, they're taking photos for their little band." Oh, how the tables turn. This evening in Allmendinger Park, Marie and I dabbled in amateur photography, taking photos of ourselves in various running and athletic poses.

Feeling a little silly and a lot self-conscious, we ventured out into the park amidst a large group of picnic-goers and a few others enjoying the sunny evening. Luckily the park is large enough that we didn't have to submit ourselves to the stares coming from our dining friends.

We began by attempting to take some action shots, photographing each other while running. The pictures were pretty clear, and clearly illustrated that modeling was not in either of our futures. By the way, no one looks good while running. Those photos on Runners' World are total fakes, because when I run, apparently my eyes are half closed and I've somehow lost my entire chin. Go figure.

After our enlightening experience with the action shots, we moved to some strength poses. These tended to come out better, when we didn't look too serious.

All in all, our first photo shoot went decently. I'm pretty sure we'll have to do a few more before we get any calls from Muscle & Fitness asking for us to be on their cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment